Kent Voice is a 6 monthly magazine published by CPRE Kent, based in Charing.
The Kent Branch of the Campaign to Protect Rural England exists to promote the beauty, tranquillity and diversity of rural England by encouraging the sustainable use of land and other natural resources in town and country.
Oak Creative have designed the magazine for many years now and has gone through a couple of design changes as it has grown.
This is how the production of Kent Voice works;
- Local CPRE officers supply their reports and photographs to the Editor.
- We meet the Editor and Illustrator and agree on a pagination, i.e. the number of pages it will be.
- We work through each page at time, allocating photographs and copy to each page to make sure there is enough room or in some cases there may be too much white space left so extra illustrations can be commissioned or extra photographs taken.
- Supply the magazine with everything dropped in to the correct pages.
- At this point the design is not set in stone it is just to make sure the flow of the magazine works and nothing is missing.
- The Editor will confirm that everything is in place and then the design commences, which is our part to make the pages look attractive and easy to read.
- Supplied to the Editor who will check all the copy and circulate any reports to the people who supplied them.
- On the return of this draft, Oak Creative will make any final changes.
- The Editor will sign off the job.
- Oak Creative will then prepare the magazine for print, which involves taking all the supplied RGB, photographs and illustrations which come to us as JPEGs and converting them to work for full colour print and check the correct resolution.
- A printers ‘pass for press’ PDF will be created and then printed out.
- Finally the printer will supply us printers proofs to check before actually printing.
The whole magazine design and production process can take up to 2 weeks from the time we agree the pagination.
If you are looking a design team to help you produce a magazine or other printed production, why not give us a call on 01303 812848 and see what we can do for you.