We’ve found that each of our clients are different, but the magazine design service that we offer usually follows this process:
- Your editorial team should compile written and photographic elements from your team of writers and photographers.
- We’ll meet the editorial team and agree on a pagination (the number of pages it will be).
- We’ll work through each page at time, allocating copy and photography to each page, carefully balancing out content and deciding on wether more content is required.
- We’ll supply the first magazine design draft with everything dropped in to the correct pages.
- The magazine’s design is still flexible at this stage – it’s the flow of the magazine that matters and that nothing is missing.
- The editorial team will confirm that everything is in place and the design commences: making beautiful layouts and making sure everything is readable.
- Supplied to the editorial team who will check all the copy and circulate to their contributors.
- Final changes will be made upon return of this draft, usually marked up with amends.
- The Editor will sign off the job.
- Oak Creative prepares the magazine design for print, which involves converting all imagery into CMYK for full colour print and checking the resolution of the imagery is high enough to print.
- A printer’s ‘pass for press’ PDF will be created and then printed out.
- The printer will supply a printers’ proof to check.
- If everything is perfect with the final proof, the job goes to print.
Magazine design and production can take up to two weeks form agreeing pagination.